RAS Discussion Forums
September 21, 2020, 01:13:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Medicinal Marijuana  (Read 17109 times)
Captain Russia
Forum Novice

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 07:40:48 PM »

Drugs should be legal.  It's as simple as that.  I have no interest in drugs, but the idea that the gov't can tell you what you can and cannot do within your home (without harming others, obviously) seems bizarre to me, especially considering the hypocrisy they show when it comes to cigarettes and alcohol.  

Health concerns are second in importance to this.  Why?  Because, quite frankely, a life of sloth and inactivity, coupled with a diet consisting mainly of low grade ground up meat and processed cheese (burgers) is infinitely worse to your health than occasionally smoking marijuana or whatever.  If health was really the concern, why only regulate drugs?
Nate_Derringer
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 07:52:28 PM »

It's not as simple as that. Drugs have the possibility of being more dangerous, just as alcohal is, but we are all missing this and I will say it one last damn time!!!!! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ARGUING ABOUT WHETHER IT SHOULD BE LEGAL FOR MEDICINAL PUROPOSES!!!! NOT LEGALIZING IT FOR PUBLIC USE. Your points are all valid and could still be argued against but I don't feel like going off topic this time because we all know legalizing it for public use WILL NEVER HAPPEN! MEDICINAL guys, MEDICINAL.

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Captain Russia
Forum Novice

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 09:31:37 PM »

Good old Buckshot has himself stated twice, in this thread (which he is the author of), that he is pro-legalization.  Considering this, I doubt it would bother him if I responded to that, detailing my reasons why I agree (or, at least, writing two half-complete paragraphs that detail a couple poorly worded reasons).  If this bothers him for some reason, I'll be happy to stop.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 12:07:28 AM »

I was not saying you are wrong. I was not saying you do not have the right to post here, nor was I say you needed to shut up. That post was not directed at you in particular. I was trying to aggressively redirect this thread back to the original argument: Pro or against MEDICINAL marijuana, i'm sure we all know how all people in our age demographic are pro legalization of marijuana for recreational use, and I know there are many good arguments to back them up. But what we should be arguing about is for MEDICINAL purposes which is a completely different ballgame alltogether. If we decide to change what we are talking about and talk about recreational use and it's benefits, that's fine, but clarity is necesarry to have a good debate. Also know that I will take the opposing side on any issue I feel the forum is biased on. So that there can be an actual discusion where all sides of the issue are heard and it is not just preaching to the choir. Also controversy and drama make for a good and forum as long as all participating do not take the words on a computer screen too seriously.

You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
imjustaguy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 03:16:32 AM »

Alls I knows is that I'm weirded out enough without the frickin drugs.

only look like a genius.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 12:29:33 PM »

Me too.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: