RAS Discussion Forums
January 18, 2020, 09:39:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Dreams.  (Read 128225 times)
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2005, 02:51:19 PM »

So what happens if you've had other dreams that have had both guys and girls in them.

And where did you read that dreams are the opposite of what they mean vs. what they happen?  I think that's preposterous, as there is a girl in my school I happen to have a crush on.
imjustaguy
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2005, 06:52:07 PM »

I had a dream in which Jason said Derwood was gay.  What would the opposite of that be?

only look like a genius.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2005, 07:21:42 PM »

Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"
So what happens if you've had other dreams that have had both guys and girls in them.

And where did you read that dreams are the opposite of what they mean vs. what they happen?  I think that's preposterous, as there is a girl in my school I happen to have a crush on.

He's just messing with ya.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2005, 06:51:21 AM »

Quote from: "Benj"

He's just messing with ya.

Yup, I'm just messing with you.  Dreams are tough to interpret from a psychological standpoint.  My guess about your tickling dream would be you try to impress girls at your school with your humor, but I could be way off.

There is a principle of opposites with respect to dreams, but it is mystical and refers to precognitive dreams.  Basically, if you have a dream that you are winning money gambling, it means you are going to lose money.  This, however, is a general rule and not absolute, it all depends on the dream in question.

ason

"We're going to make airplanes out of beef."
- Alex Lifeson
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2005, 01:36:29 PM »

Quote from: "Jason"
My guess about your tickling dream would be you try to impress girls at your school with your humor, but I could be way off.

Holy crap, that actually makes sense.  I DO try to impress girls with my sense of humor, and it works fairly well!
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2005, 10:38:52 AM »

Holy crap, that actually makes sense.  I DO try to impress girls with my sense of humor, and it works fairly well!

You wouldn't be dreaming about it if it worked.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
OVNS
Offical Non-Slouch

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2005, 04:26:54 PM »

Oh, snap!
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2005, 04:27:02 PM »

It's my verbal sense of humor that usually works, silly!
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2005, 04:54:09 PM »

Oh.  Would you look at that. I forgot about this thread.  
The other night I had this long and complicated dream (I actually ended up spraining my ankle trying to explain it to someone).  I typed it up for someone, so I wouldn't have to tell it a billion times over.  (COMPLETE WITH PICTURES.  YEAH.)

I think.  I had just finished my finals.  And it was the day I was supposed to go back.  No, wait.  Me, Andrew and Jonathan (my brothers) had to walk to school.  So we left the house, and Jonathan said that we weren't going to go to school, but we were going to, uh.  Pull up these metal things that were in the ground next to the road.  For the construction workers or something.  He said we'd get 5$ for each thing we pulled up.  But I didn't want to do it, because my school would savage me for not being there.  So I started to walk to school. Jonathan yelled at me and such, and tried to hold me back, but I got away.
I can't remember exactly  how it went next, either I ended up at school at 10am, or I went to a cabin.  Well.  I didn't exactly go -to- the cabin.  But I could see it.  I actually ended up walking on some really skinny, close together trees.  By walking on I mean my foot didn't actually touch the ground.  Because there were so many trees.  And I think they had grown around a snowmobile, and I was trying to stand on it.  But then I fell through the trees and. Broke my finger or something.  And for some reason, in this part of the dream, I get the feeling that there was a wolf there, and a samuri.  
So then, lets say I'm at the school, its 10am, and I'm rubbing my finger wondering why it hurts.  Usually, when I dream about my school, its basically the same thing in every dream - its a boarding school, its on an island, and really hard to get to.   This time it was different.  It was in the same spot as it usually is (in reality).  But the inside was different.  It was more yellow, and the walls weren't made of glass.  There were more stairs, but they weren't always where they were needed most (Er.  Door from one college = drop to stairs to a college just below it.) The only classes I remember going to were Social Studies, and French.  But social studies was called.  Aryocial or something.  I had it with Mr. Boris - a teacher from my old school, in grade 8.  We didn't have any desks in the room, and I think most of the class had to bring their own chairs, as there were only 5 or 6 there before everyone came.  There was a bed in the room, a hospital bed, with a sick little boy in it.  I remember sitting next to him a lot, listening to him talk.
In french, I think I had ms dreger, who isn't a french teacher.  So we had to do something to get that changed.  I think I ended up with Ms Pugh, who wasn't really Ms Pugh, but Ms Posehane, my french teacher from grade eight.
There was more to being in school, but I can't really remember it.
Next thing I remember clearly is being outside my house, in the dark.    I think I was going to walk around the corner of my house, but I bumped into someone - something.  It was kind of the comical, bump into someone, both of you run in the opposite directing kind of hing.  It wasn't actually a -person-, but kind of a life size robaxaset dolly, only grey and with boader shoulders.  
Then I end up back at the cabin in the woods, but this time I'm with my family. And my cousins and aunts and uncles, I guess.  
I recall doing cabiny things.  Sitting on a ratty couch.  Sitting in the back of a truck.  Talking to relatives.  Something or other about talking to Steven (cousin.).
At one point, during the night, while me, and I guess my aunt, were watching, some guy came to kill my Uncle Brian.  He had a gun, and I think he was threatening him.  For some reason there was a hole in the rug in the living room, and Brian asked him to let him stand above the hole.  So, uh.   He ends up standing above the hole.  I think the guy trying to kill him put soap on his face.  My aunt said something along the lines of "Oh, he better wet that, otherwise it'll get angry." while she watched the soap dry on his face. I was watching a box - kind of a tiny wooden suit case - jump off a bookshelf, and open up.  Inside were two bars of soap (green and orange), and they started rubbing on each other to make soap suds.  Then my uncle and the guy who was trying to kill him left the cabin.  I don't actually know what happened to them after. (Interesting thing to note; my uncle commited suicide at his cabin last year.)
Later (the next day? Maybe. :x) there was this woman in the back of the truck.  A gypsy, actually, she said she'd tell us our fortunes.  So we all took a card, and lined up.  Mine was something about that grey robaxaset dolly.  I think I end up seeing him a again, and actually talk to him.  Actually, I'm pretty sure he ends up getting scared and runs away again, but his hand comes off, so I keep it.  Just before we leave the cabin, I freak out, and start calling out his name, telling everyone I need to find him so I can give him his hand back.  Everyone starts looking for him.  Then a woman comes down the hill behind the cabin, and tells us to shut up.  She says something about him being a monster in a legend of this mining village (which is apparently just up the hill from us.) and we shouldn't be calling his name because he'll just come back to terrorize the children of the village.  We don't really believe that, but its time to leave anyway, so we back up and go.
The cabin is on an island, with a lot of hills and trees.  We decide to take the scenic route, and we try to find the mine.  All we can see is this giant moutain in the middle of the island.  All the roads circle it.  Then, as we go around the tip of the island, we see this big crack in the side of the moutain, and we see that its been hollowed out, like a big bowl.  And the insides are all black and scary.  And its the kind of thing that if you were a whiney enivornmentalist, you'd cry if you saw it.
I'm not sure why that had such a big impact on us.   I think we decided the village was -inside- the hollow, and that they were all crazy.  
Then I end up going back to school.  and walking around in the halls. And realizing how ]retarded the school is set up.  Then I go to Aryocial.  And I guess I wake up.  
Oh, there was something about ]egg rolls too.

Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2005, 02:06:53 PM »

I dreamt someone expected me to turn into triplets.

Jason

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2005, 07:39:27 AM »

Quote from: "Ashley"
I dreamt someone expected me to turn into triplets.

Did they say, "I expect you to turn into triplets"?

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2005, 01:55:50 PM »

No, they were just really mad that I didn't.

Tazmanian_Angel
Master Non-Slouch

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2005, 03:08:55 AM »

Derwood has a good verbal sense of humor... Could he be a cunning linguist?

ama don't let your babies grow up to be polar bears.
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2005, 05:32:21 PM »

Um...  got me, I guess I could be.  I don't know.  I could translate into Spanish some of the things I say.
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2006, 11:17:43 PM »

Quote from: "Ashley"
Perhaps if you drew a cartoon of the girl, we'd have a better understanding of what she looked like, and could more easily find a real-life look alike.

note; thats a nose, not a mouth. And shes not supposed to be so...creepy looking. But if you look at her long enough, she starts to turn into a bird and a cat and stuff.

Oh shit.  Can you say Minncanti?

I nearly fell over when I saw that poster.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
  Print  

Jump to: