RAS Discussion Forums
March 29, 2017, 04:15:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Music from Benj Edwards in 2016!  (Read 608 times)
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:43:35 AM »

Hey guys -- if anyone still out there reads this.  (It's been so long since I posted on here -- it's like a weird, familiar blast from the past!)

Since March, I have been releasing new music on the Internet again.  It's not Request-A-Song.com music, but I think any RAS fans will enjoy it.

One new project of mine is Tech Songs, where I write songs about technology.  Check out http://www.techsongs.com.

And I have a SoundCloud page where I post the Tech Songs and where I will also be posting new, non-Tech Songs music.  I'm considering releasing a few previously unreleased RAS tracks on there too.

Here is the link to my SoundCloud page: http://www.soundcloud.com/benjedwards

Also, Jeremy and I have been collaborating some as well, and we might release some music we've done together at some point.

If you guys know how to contact any old RAS fans, please let them know about the new music.  Most of the addresses on my old RAS email list are dead.

That's all for now -- as always, thanks for listening.

--Benj
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 09:08:07 PM »

Somehow I remembered my password, and was reminded of this place yesterday when someone mentioned it on Facebook.

Pretty neat to hear about you making music again, and it makes me want to go back and revisit the RAS classics!

I'm still making music as well, and I'm far more polished and better lyrically than I was 11 and a half years ago when I started!  I just released my latest album, "Lightbulb-Eating Selfie," last December and have quite a bit planned.  I'm getting married in October, so I've been busy with that as well as trying to balance taking care of the home and work.  My fiance, Cindy, wants to be a vet, specializing in birds, so she's going to school for that right now.  Our plan is, once she becomes a vet tech (which is a step on the way to being a vet), she'll be making as much money as currently both of us make combined, so I can drop to part time at my pizza delivery job, in an effort to spend more time on my music and getting my name out there!

My music (sans my first four albums) are at derwoodbowen.bandcamp.com if you want to check out where I'm at now.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »

Somehow I remembered my password, and was reminded of this place yesterday when someone mentioned it on Facebook.

Pretty neat to hear about you making music again, and it makes me want to go back and revisit the RAS classics!

I'm still making music as well, and I'm far more polished and better lyrically than I was 11 and a half years ago when I started!  I just released my latest album, "Lightbulb-Eating Selfie," last December and have quite a bit planned.  I'm getting married in October, so I've been busy with that as well as trying to balance taking care of the home and work.  My fiance, Cindy, wants to be a vet, specializing in birds, so she's going to school for that right now.  Our plan is, once she becomes a vet tech (which is a step on the way to being a vet), she'll be making as much money as currently both of us make combined, so I can drop to part time at my pizza delivery job, in an effort to spend more time on my music and getting my name out there!

My music (sans my first four albums) are at derwoodbowen.bandcamp.com if you want to check out where I'm at now.

Hey Derwood -- it's great to hear that you're still making music.  I'll check out your music.  I did send you a message through a contact form on your site the other day, so it's cool and surprising that you actually thought about RAS through another avenue.

Whenever you have the chance, I'd love to know what you think of the new songs.  I have actually written and recorded about 100 songs since last year, all in various stages of completion (mostly not Tech Songs), and I'm mulling how and when to ever release them.  It's been a blast working on music again, and I had quite a backlog of ideas to implement from my decade-plus off-time.

I've tried to contact other RAS forum members, but most of the circa-2003 email addresses are dead now, so if you know how to find them, I'd appreciate it if you could spread the word about my new music for me.  I might even do some new Request-A-Songs again, although I don't think I would post them on the old RAS site unless I rejiggered it.

Benj
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:17:26 PM »

The songs are pretty cool and catchy, though I don't think I'm quite tech savvy enough to fully understand every one of them.  But I will have to keep coming back to check out what all is coming out with your new stuff!

I unfortunately have not kept track of anyone else from this forum, so I don't know how to contact anyone either.  If I find anyone, though, I'll have to get them in the loop.  Great hearing from you again though!
OVNS
Offical Non-Slouch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:43 PM »

That Baked at Atari is damn catchy.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »

That Baked at Atari is damn catchy.

Glad you like it!

I'm working on a 70 minute rock opera about the American Civil War right now (have been for the past year).  I hope to finish it up in January.  I have no idea if I'll release it, but if you're interested in hearing some stuff, send me an email.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: