RAS Discussion Forums
November 12, 2019, 09:20:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't be afraid to reply to old topics.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: certain artist not played on radio  (Read 4998 times)
marie
Forum Novice

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »

I don't understand why certain artist are not being played on your station. There are some wonderful artist with inspiring songs that are uplifting and brutally honest and say all the things that most christians deal with everyday. For example a new artist named Joy Whitlock has just released her first full cd. She has a tremendous following because of her testimony displayed in her songs and lyrics. She has been on several of Todd Agnew cds and he has supported her from the beginning. She has toured with him for the last 2 years and always sells out of most of her merch and cds at most shows. Yet we can't find one radio station that is playing her music. I know that there is a certain demographic that has to be considered when music choice if made. But there is also a large demographic group out there that constantly ask why they can't find a station that plays her music. There is an age group out here that is totally being ignored. We love K-love but why not give artist like Joy a chance to be heard for those of us who are missing the inspiration that her songs brings. Todd has spoken about this several times at his shows and encouraged us to write our stations and voice our desires. Her cd was released just last Tues. and the local stores sold out in a matter of days. Its not that people don't want to hear her style of music, their just not being giving the opportunity to hear it on their favorite station. I will continue to listen to K-love because I do support all you do. But I am just asking to please just take a chance, play artist like her, see what the outcome is. You might be surprised that there are alot of us out there. She is not hard rock, she has been described as having a bluesy style. I know that there are some groups being played who are rock style. I know that Todd would love to hear her on there. She toured with Rush of Fools and Newsong last year. Every show she left an undeniable mark on their hearts. If theres anyone who would agree, it would be Todd. Please just consider playing her and let us hear her music. Thank you so much for all you do and the wonderful message you put out there everyday as evidenced in peoples lives.  God Bless.
wayne
Forum Novice

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:07:48 PM »

I totally agree with all your comments. There are so many artist that are not getting radio play because they don't meet a certain "criteria". Who decides this? Is it just a few people who sit in a room and decide whether we would want to hear this one or that one? I would love to hear Joy on my radio. I spend most of my day driving due to my job and I listen to k-love all day. I have heard Joy live and she has an awesome testimony that screams out through her lyrics. How do we change this and get artist like her on radio? I don't have a clue but wish I did.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »

Wow, I like this new tactic: spambots replying to their own messages.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: