RAS Discussion Forums
December 06, 2019, 03:18:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Some free investment advice for the RAS community  (Read 28365 times)
Jason
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 06:54:14 AM »

Regardless of who buys it, Wachovia's banking operations will stay basically intact.  For the general customer, you probably won't notice any significant service differences, they'll just change the name on everything.

I'm telling you, gold is something everyone should be buying now.  With the bailout passing and the governments across the world getting increasingly involved with trying to "fix" their economies, MASS inflation is beginning, which is one of the criteria for purchasing gold as an investment.  We're dealing with powerful long term dynamics which aren't likely to go away anytime soon!

ason

"We're going to make airplanes out of beef."
- Alex Lifeson
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 09:10:56 AM »

Liquidated virtually all of my short positions at the open a little bit ago.  I'm strongly in cash now, and picked up some GLD shares (tracks with the price of gold).

Waiting for my Goldmoney account to be verified so I can get some gold there and will be buying gold coins ASAP.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »

Liquidated virtually all of my short positions at the open a little bit ago.  I'm strongly in cash now, and picked up some GLD shares (tracks with the price of gold).

Waiting for my Goldmoney account to be verified so I can get some gold there and will be buying gold coins ASAP.

Sounds cool to me.  Keep us (me) updated on how everything goes.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »

I liquidated the rest of my short positions at market open on 10/13/2008 and went almost entirely cash and a small GLD position...which keeps dropping on me...but since it's such a small position it isn't hurting.  Merk Hard Curency fund also is getting hammered because the dollar is rallying.

In the event of a market rally I'll short again if the S&P hits 1100-1200.

Gold is probably going to be choppy at best in the next year, but has excellent long term (10+ years) potential (as does the Merk Fund) so I'll use this time to gradually buy gold coins and put money into the Goldmoney account.

I also bought a 1oz American Eagle coin which will be delivered in the next few weeks.  The first of many!

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Jeremy
RAS Artist
Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 01:07:12 AM »

How's it going, Jason?  Still have the same old email address at yahoo?
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 04:30:21 AM »

Hey Jeremy!  Yeah my Yahoo email is still good.  I've had that for about 13 years now, and will likely have it till the day I die.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 12:52:33 AM »

I've had that for about 13 years now, and will likely have it till the day I die.

Or until Yahoo dies, whichever comes first. Smiley  Hopefully Yahoo.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »

I can always put a hit out on Yahoo and take them down!

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »

Anyone take my advice?  The market keeps falling apart.  I think the S&P bottoms below 400. 

I don't trust foreign currencies anymore, so I sold off the Merk fund at a small loss.  I may get the Merk Asian currency fund later, but until then it's all gold for me.  Gold and short positions (currently short Amazon.com).  This isn't over yet.  It's going to get worse.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »

Anyone take my advice?  The market keeps falling apart.  I think the S&P bottoms below 400. 

I don't trust foreign currencies anymore, so I sold off the Merk fund at a small loss.  I may get the Merk Asian currency fund later, but until then it's all gold for me.  Gold and short positions (currently short Amazon.com).  This isn't over yet.  It's going to get worse.

I don't have any money to invest, which ironically makes me lucky: I don't have any money to lose either!
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 03:58:13 PM »

I don't have any money to invest, which ironically makes me lucky: I don't have any money to lose either!

Incorrect.  You're going to lose money due to INFLATION.  Whatever money you do have is going to decrease in value as prices rise.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 06:10:38 PM »

Incorrect.  You're going to lose money due to INFLATION.  Whatever money you do have is going to decrease in value as prices rise.

How can the money I don't have lose value?  I spend it, so it doesn't sit around in a bank inflating.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »

How can the money I don't have lose value?  I spend it, so it doesn't sit around in a bank inflating.

Your income is going to go down in value.

If you're buying consumer goods with your money and stocking up then you can hedge this though.  Consumer goods, guns/ammo, and gold.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »

If you're buying consumer goods with your money and stocking up then you can hedge this though.  Consumer goods, guns/ammo, and gold.

Guns & Ammo?  As an investment or as protection when the government collapses? Smiley
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »

Guns & Ammo?  As an investment or as protection when the government collapses? Smiley

Um...YES!  Actually, prices on guns/ammo have been going up for almost a year now, in anticipation of Obama being elected, since it is feared he will institute tougher gun restrictions.  And when things get bad people get scared in general, and guns are one manifestation of them acting on this fear.

By the way, things still look terrible.  Ignore the nonsense you hear on TV about the economy bottoming out.  It isn't.  Real estate is still falling, and I've seen forecasts based on the credit markets that predict unemployment reaching 20%.  Oh, and the government seems hellbent on borrowing, spending, and inflating its way out of this recession.  None of this is good.

BUY GOLD!!!

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: