RAS Discussion Forums
November 12, 2019, 09:28:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I miss you guys  (Read 19526 times)
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2007, 12:35:24 PM »

Anybody still around?  What have you all been up to in your lives recently?

Benj
Tazmanian_Angel
Master Non-Slouch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:18:01 AM »

I know I am not one of the big guys on this forum, but I am still around. I have recently been listening to RAS a bit more. Good memories abound (before my girlfriend and I were going out, she made me a CD of some RAS stuff. This was before your CDs and I had a 56k, oh yeah, and that was 4 years ago...). My life is pretty boring, I guess. I explore campus at night with grappling hooks and head lamps, and during the day, I am the director of our a cappella group. Classes come second (which is why I am a terrible student). How are you?

ama don't let your babies grow up to be polar bears.
imjustaguy
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:07:42 PM »

I'm good.  I'm trying to be a filmmaker now.  It's pretty awesome!  I haven't had time to "write songs" if you know what I mean, but recently I've needed a break.  Writing songs might be a fun way to relax.

How are you dude?

only look like a genius.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:35:17 AM »

I'm really glad to hear from both of you.  Things have been going well for me.  Life is good with a wife and cats.

Recently I was thinking about completing the "Best of Request" CD set on a limited edition basis.  I had graphic art planned out for Vols. 3 and 4, with each volume representing a season, i.e. Vol 1 is Spring, 2 is Summer, 3 is Fall, and 4 is Winter -- and the album artwork and colors change to reflect that.  But Volume 2 sold so poorly -- I lost a lot of money on making just 100 copies -- that I never made Vols. 3 and 4.  I've been thinking over the years of maybe just making 10-20 CD copies of Vols. 3 and 4 to complete the set and allow for digital distribution of the rest of RAS's catalog on iTunes, etc.

So what do you think?  Should I bother with limited runs of Vols. 3 and 4, or should I make one all-encompassing "greatest hits" release for iTunes, or nothing at all?  If I made ten copies of Vols. 3 and 4, could I sell them all? Smiley

Benj
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 06:05:13 PM »

Hey!  I know, I haven't been on here in eons.  With college and stuff, I just don't get the time to visit every forum that I used to anymore.  Myspace and Facebook are my primary online conversation sources now, and I just don't get around to much else.  I'm currently mailing my 3rd CD to CD Baby (And "She Always Eats the Fishes" is on it).  Other than that, not a lot going on.  I did get to perform at Con on the Cob in Akron with other comedy music acts a couple weeks ago, so that has been the highlight of my year so far.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 03:32:29 AM »

Two words: ROCK BAND. It's eating away at my life, but honestly I don't mind one bit. Trust me, it is the most awesome thing ever.

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »

Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
Two words: ROCK BAND. It's eating away at my life, but honestly I don't mind one bit. Trust me, it is the most awesome thing ever.

So I take it nobody cares about RAS CDs anymore.  That's ok.

Does anybody here play World of Warcraft?  I just got back on again after a long time and we could meet up and kick Horde/Alliance ass together.  I play on Staghelm.  If so, let me know.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 05:10:16 PM »

I may be silent for what seems like forever but I'm never completely gone.  Trying to get ahead at work and playing the stock market are my latest ventures.  Money!  Options are what I'm learning about at the moment.  Starting basic, but I'll work up to more complex positions as my broker increases my trading level.  You have to be approved at various levels to buy/sell options and they start you off at the least risky level.  Oh well.

ason

"We're going to make airplanes out of beef."
- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:06:24 PM »

I may be silent for what seems like forever but I'm never completely gone.  Trying to get ahead at work and playing the stock market are my latest ventures.  Money!  Options are what I'm learning about at the moment.  Starting basic, but I'll work up to more complex positions as my broker increases my trading level.  You have to be approved at various levels to buy/sell options and they start you off at the least risky level.  Oh well.

It's good to hear from you again, Jason.  Glad to see you're settling in with a nice job. Smiley  Heard any good music lately?
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 01:42:27 PM »

It's good to hear from you again, Jason.  Glad to see you're settling in with a nice job. Smiley  Heard any good music lately?

Well the job still sucks, but I'm still working on improving that situation.  It is a slow grind so far, but I'm hoping this pays off soon.

Anyway...good music?  I bought a new car in December and it has XM Radio.  Lots of great stuff to listen to on there!  Bands I'd never listened to that much but think are pretty good now are Chevelle, Deftones, Muse, Five Finger Death Punch, along with others I can't remember. 

Hope you and Jeremy are doing well.

ason

"We're going to make airplanes out of beef."
- Alex Lifeson
SilverHorse
Non-Slouch In Training

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 01:11:34 AM »

Hey-o!  Grin

I forgot that the forum was here!

How has life been for you and Jeremy, Benj?
Tazmanian_Angel
Master Non-Slouch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 02:45:49 AM »

You know, I think I would buy a greatest hits. RAS contributed a soundtrack to some of my best memories.

ama don't let your babies grow up to be polar bears.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »

Life is going well for both me and Jeremy.  I haven't recorded music in a long time now, but I think about it now and then.

I'd love to release an all-time RAS greatest-hits album, but I can't justify it if only 5 people will buy it. Sad

I find myself wondering these days if RAS didn't take off because our music wasn't good enough.  What do you guys think?  Does our RAS work stand up to commercial music acts to any degree?
jamuko
Offical Non-Slouch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »

I miss you guys too! =( Sorry for bumping an old topic, but it's appropriate...... and almost everything here is an old topic now. =(

I hope all has been well in Requestaland. I miss your songs.

arrel! X3
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »

I miss you guys too! =( Sorry for bumping an old topic, but it's appropriate...... and almost everything here is an old topic now. =(

I hope all has been well in Requestaland. I miss your songs.

Hey, I don't care if it's an old topic.  It's good to hear from you.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: