RAS Discussion Forums
November 12, 2019, 09:20:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic  (Read 18827 times)
Nate_Derringer
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2006, 12:54:33 PM »

Me and my friend greg are going to start making a web comic called natural failure. You guys can check out our progress on the site early if you want, but know that it is still under construction and a few kinks still need to be worked out. Also, we havn't decided what style to draw it in yet, so i've just been drawing the same strip over and over with new styles and then we can see which we like the best. But some input would be great, if you like one more than the rest let me know!
www.naturalfailure.com

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »

I like this style and this style best.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »

1 3 and 5 are difinately my favorites, but 3 is from the invader zim tv show, so I don't know if it would be appropriate to use. If we don't use 5, I will more than likely have it show up in the future, like every now and then do one in that style just for kicks. Thanks for the input!

oh, and I also forgot to mention, the backround isn't part of the style. It will be different, the only reason 3 and 5 are not the same is that 3=characters were so small you could see their feet, so they needed a floor. 5=stick bodys don't show up well on gradients.

You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 01:30:13 PM »

Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
1 3 and 5 are difinately my favorites, but 3 is from the invader zim tv show, so I don't know if it would be appropriate to use. If we don't use 5, I will more than likely have it show up in the future, like every now and then do one in that style just for kicks. Thanks for the input!

oh, and I also forgot to mention, the backround isn't part of the style. It will be different, the only reason 3 and 5 are not the same is that 3=characters were so small you could see their feet, so they needed a floor. 5=stick bodys don't show up well on gradients.

I like number three the best.  Just modify it enough so it isn't exactly like Invader Zim ("make it your own") and you'll be ok.

Benj
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 02:41:57 PM »

We decided on 2 after all. I didn't like the one I originally did for 2, so I redid it to give it another shot. We ended up liking it. New strips coming soon. I also just changed the front page today, to something more traditional. It will keep growing better over time methinks. Feel free to comment on things you think might help it look more proffessional. I feel bad using this forum to whore my site, but for now I have not added ads to it and I havn't set it up to show up on google and such. So as it stands the only way for people to find it, is by me telling them to go there. So check it out yo!

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 03:12:09 PM »

We decided on 2 after all. I didn't like the one I originally did for 2, so I redid it to give it another shot. We ended up liking it. New strips coming soon. I also just changed the front page today, to something more traditional. It will keep growing better over time methinks. Feel free to comment on things you think might help it look more proffessional. I feel bad using this forum to whore my site, but for now I have not added ads to it and I havn't set it up to show up on google and such. So as it stands the only way for people to find it, is by me telling them to go there. So check it out yo!

Hey, don't sweat it.  Whoring is fine, considering you're one of something like five people on here anyway. Smiley
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 12:27:22 PM »

The styles are gone the 1st official comic is in place, and we are on our way way to greatness!

Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 05:53:28 AM »

The styles are gone the 1st official comic is in place, and we are on our way way to greatness!

...see that only happens because you get cheap apple juice, made from concentrate. Real apple juice ,from 100% pressed apples, looks different.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 02:29:58 PM »

It really did happen too. Man that tasted bad!

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 01:47:08 PM »

Hehe.. the crab one is pretty funny.  Good work.

By the way, I can't read anything on your blog section with that crazy blocky font.  I'm using Firefox, by the way.  You should try using a more traditional sans-serif font like Verdana for readability.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »

Theres a new one up, and I was just thinking today that I should change the font for the news section. Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I was going to ask you a favor, you don't have to feel obligated or anything but it would be awesome if we could have a theme song on the front page. (Wink wink nudge nudge) If your songwriting days are truly over no worries. But if you don't mind throwing something together, we would appreciate it a ton, that is, you or jeremy. Also if you know how we could imbed it into the page it would be good to know. Just thought i'd ask. If not, no worries.

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 04:15:54 PM »

Theres a new one up, and I was just thinking today that I should change the font for the news section. Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I was going to ask you a favor, you don't have to feel obligated or anything but it would be awesome if we could have a theme song on the front page. (Wink wink nudge nudge) If your songwriting days are truly over no worries. But if you don't mind throwing something together, we would appreciate it a ton, that is, you or jeremy. Also if you know how we could imbed it into the page it would be good to know. Just thought i'd ask. If not, no worries.

Sounds like fun, but the biggest impediment to me recording new music at the moment is that I still haven't set up my studio since I moved to a new house last May.  All the cables are in a box in a closet and I'm not sure if I have the space to set everything up without making a total mess, unless of course I move some other stuff out of the room first.  Someday I'll do it, but until then, that issue stands between me and new music.

Perhaps I could make you a cassette demo or something and it still might sound cool enough.  I'll tinker with it if the inspiration hits me.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 10:59:54 AM »

No worries, twas just a thought. If you feel inspired go for it, if it feels like you are obligated, then don't worry about doing it.

Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 11:42:51 AM »

Changed the font, and there are 4 comics up now. If anyone is still interested.

Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

I still think the crab one is my favorite!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: