RAS Discussion Forums
August 12, 2020, 12:58:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't be afraid to reply to old topics.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RAS Forum Virtual Get-Together  (Read 39642 times)
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 09:50:58 AM »

Quote from: "Doraemon"
I think I'll be able to make the 2nd one on the 22nd. A Timezone converter I found on the net makes that 10pm GMT? Is that right? To be honest the site was all a little bit confusing. It didn't convert EDT, either. I don't think. Anyway, post decent timezone converter sites here please!  :?

UTC and GMT are the same thing.  I am UTC -4 at the moment (on daylight savings time).  You are probably on UTC time, or possibly UTC+1 depending on where you live in the UK.  IN that case, 3pm my time would be 7pm or 8pm your time.

5pm my time would be 9 or 10 pm your time.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 09:51:31 AM »

Time zone converter:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Ashley
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »

FAIL.

Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 04:07:12 PM »

I say we keep it around, though.  It's fun to idle in stuff.

Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2006, 06:33:53 AM »

So the first two RAS virtual meet-ups, then. Not exactly a roaring success.  More a meowing success. Ashley/Josephine/whatever was a delightful presence, as always...Benj was there on the first one but didn't even turn up to the second meeting OF HIS OWN FORUM. which is pretty lame  Smiley And where were the rest of you? NOWHERE, that's where.
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »

Was a specific time set aside?
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2006, 01:42:26 PM »

yeah, I don't recall a specified time

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2006, 02:52:14 PM »

Quote from: "Benj"
Ok, Tomorrow 08/21/2006 - 3pm EDT (UTC -4) on Freenode (irc.freenode.net), channel #requestasong

If that doesn't work, then 08/22/2006, 9PM UTC (5PM eastern), same place.

I'll probably be sitting idle on that channel until it's time to rock and roll, if you want to come early.

Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »

I don't recall seeing that post, but its possible i missed because it jumped to the 3rd page shortly after he posted it. Anyways I think I have found the dang place, I can see joshpine hanging out. I guess i'll just sign in every now and then to see whos on.

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 12:30:42 PM »

Yeah, those were some awesome get togethers, Doraemon.  It's been a hectic week with all six of my cats and my wife being sick.  So I hope you can understand my excuse for not being on more.

I'm idling on the channel right now, though, with Joshpine.  Not sure when I'll get a chance to chat, but I'll check it every once and a while to see who's on.

For some reason we lost the op-status on the channel when I quit.  I gave it to Joshpine but now nobody has it.

Benj
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2006, 05:32:13 AM »

Yeah, those were some awesome get togethers, Doraemon.  It's been a hectic week with all six of my cats and my wife being sick.  So I hope you can understand my excuse for not being on more.

'sokay, Benj. I was just kidding.  Cheesy What's op-status? is that a problem?
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2006, 10:12:59 AM »

Quote from: "Doraemon"

'sokay, Benj. I was just kidding.  Cheesy What's op-status? is that a problem?

Op-status is like being the administrator of the channel with powers to kick or ban people from the channel.  We got it back when joshpine logged out and back on, recreating the channel at one point.

We missed you yesterday, Dor.  Nate, Ashley, and I had a good conversation.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2006, 10:35:38 PM »

Guess what?  No need for IRC any more!  All you need is a modern web browser.  Come to:

http://www.request-a-song.com/chat/

And chat!

Benj

P.S. Since anyone can enter any name on that chat, somebody named "Benj" on there might not necessarily actually be me.  But it probably will be.  Ask me some tough questions to verify my identity. Cheesy
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »

I've been away from the forum for a long time thanks to my new job that keeps me pretty busy.  The chat feature is cool though.  If you set a time to meet there I might be able to make it.

Benj, you should put a link on the front page menu to the chat room.

ason

"We're going to make airplanes out of beef."
- Alex Lifeson
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2006, 03:47:04 PM »

Quote from: "Jason"
I've been away from the forum for a long time thanks to my new job that keeps me pretty busy.  The chat feature is cool though.  If you set a time to meet there I might be able to make it.

Benj, you should put a link on the front page menu to the chat room.

Well, that chat thing is cool, but it has a lot of drawbacks that need to be straightened out before it's ready for prime time.  Ironically, I just today disabled it because I don't want to leave it open unattended -- it's probably a huge security risk; it probably has more holes than yo momma's underwear.

So I guess that, for now, IRC is our best option.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: