RAS Discussion Forums
August 14, 2020, 12:54:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't be afraid to reply to old topics.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RAS Forum Virtual Get-Together  (Read 39671 times)
Nate_Derringer
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2006, 12:32:45 PM »

i'm mountain time yo err, it's 11:30 here. also when I said icq I meant irc.

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2006, 05:49:55 PM »

I match Benj, Eastern.
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 06:51:01 AM »

Quote from: "Benj"
Quote from: "Doraemon"

Yeah, I have a good one called Xchat.

http://www.xchat.org/

We should make a RAS channel on some server and shoot the poop some night over a couple of ASCII beers.

I'll look into free non-3D MMORPG games too.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Xchat is only free for 30 Days thoughif that's a problem. I found some perminantly free ones on download.com

What about this one? http://www.download.com/IceChat-IRC-Client/3640-2150_4-10421231.html?tag=qf_ustars
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 10:08:47 AM »

I use mirc.  It likes to pretend it's not free, but paying is only a suggestion.

Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 04:17:45 AM »

Quote from: "Ashley"
I use mirc.  It likes to pretend it's not free, but paying is only a suggestion.

I have mIRC now. just give instructions on how to get to the RAS room when the time comes. Have you got a "name" on IRC , Ashley? Is that the way it works?
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 12:37:05 PM »

I just found a program that I believe whould work really well for our purposes. http://zwinky.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZJxdm035 the thing that I think is neat about it, well the two things I think are neat are 1: you get to make a cute avatar. 2:you can actually use the request-a-song front page to chat on. Just make your avatar and then choose chat now, when it gives you a list of rooms, there should be a spot to enter in a url. http// whatever. just plunk in www.request-a-song.com and bam! you are on the front page chatting with whoever happens to be there, which would be only us, because only we would choose this website to chat on. check it out and let me know what you guys think. And or if you guys can use it in canada land and the merry old england. my knowledge of such things is limited.

You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
imjustaguy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 02:42:52 AM »

I propose that we start a cult worshipping the Edwards brothers.  Our Edwards Bible should be made entirely of the writings in this forum, and the most pertinent Mad Libs we can find, and fill in the blank words to fit whatever meaning we want to at any given time.  Also, I think we should create our own brand of flavored ice and imbed it with crack cocaine so that people will never stop buying them.  So anyways, what else do you think we should do?

only look like a genius.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 01:17:09 PM »

Oink

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 09:11:56 PM »

Quote from: "imjustaguy"
I propose that we start a cult worshipping the Edwards brothers.  Our Edwards Bible should be made entirely of the writings in this forum, and the most pertinent Mad Libs we can find, and fill in the blank words to fit whatever meaning we want to at any given time.  Also, I think we should create our own brand of flavored ice and imbed it with crack cocaine so that people will never stop buying them.  So anyways, what else do you think we should do?

The bible should contain lyrics to Edwards' Bros. songs, silly (and Mad Libs).

By the way, I found an awesome, FREE X-Chat IRC CLIENT.  The official build costs $30.  Let me track down that link...

http://xchat-win32.berlios.de/?page_id=6

You must download that.  Then let's pick a server.

Or.. I just Nate's post so I'm going to check out the smileything.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »

Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
I just found a program that I believe whould work really well for our purposes. http://zwinky.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZJxdm035 the thing that I think is neat about it, well the two things I think are neat are 1: you get to make a cute avatar. 2:you can actually use the request-a-song front page to chat on. Just make your avatar and then choose chat now, when it gives you a list of rooms, there should be a spot to enter in a url. http// whatever. just plunk in www.request-a-song.com and bam! you are on the front page chatting with whoever happens to be there, which would be only us, because only we would choose this website to chat on. check it out and let me know what you guys think. And or if you guys can use it in canada land and the merry old england. my knowledge of such things is limited.

Haha.. one of the features of that Zwinky program you linked to is "Search the web directly from your browser!"

Imagine that...
imjustaguy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 01:53:46 AM »

Wait, there are songs here?

only look like a genius.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »

Quote from: "imjustaguy"
Wait, there are songs here?

Yeah, I almost forgot myself, and I run the place.

"Run" being almost an expression, a formality.  You don't "run" Request-A-Song.com.  Request-A-Song.com runs you!

LOOK OUT!
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2006, 10:55:04 AM »

so Ashley is back now; let's stop beating around the mulberry bush and get this thing on tarmac. IRC will do just fine- mIRC or whatever. Benj you work out the time because I'm not the least bit mathmatical, and let's get ourselves an IRC channel or whatever it's called.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 09:13:54 PM »

Ok, Tomorrow 08/21/2006 - 3pm EDT (UTC -4) on Freenode (irc.freenode.net), channel #requestasong

If that doesn't work, then 08/22/2006, 9PM UTC (5PM eastern), same place.

I'll probably be sitting idle on that channel until it's time to rock and roll, if you want to come early.
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 05:34:11 AM »

I think I'll be able to make the 2nd one on the 22nd. A Timezone converter I found on the net makes that 10pm GMT? Is that right? To be honest the site was all a little bit confusing. It didn't convert EDT, either. I don't think. Anyway, post decent timezone converter sites here please!  :?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: