RAS Discussion Forums
January 19, 2020, 07:39:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't be afraid to reply to old topics.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RAS Forum Virtual Get-Together  (Read 37403 times)
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2006, 10:26:03 AM »

We, the four or five of us on the RAS forum who are still around, should have some sort of "virtual gathering" through the magic of technology.  It could be on some free MMORPG or something like Second Life, or even on IRC or something.  Anybody have a suggestion as to the medium of choice that we could all get on for free and easily?

Benj
Doraemon
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 11:03:35 AM »

I dunno, capital idea, though.

If it's a MMORPG it would have to be free to download/play, and work confortably on a 56K modem. It's hould also, preferably, be fun. IRC is good. never used it but I assume theres a free IRC client out there.
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:22:10 PM »

Mmm, the only mmorpgs I know of are completely pansy.  Dofus is partially free, and probably works comfortably on a 56k modem.  RO is also pretty pansy, but entertains me regularly.  I don't know about how well it works on a 56k modem, but it's not that hardcore so there shouldn't be much of an issue.  Also; it has a 15 day trial.  

I tohtally can't play 3d games, if you didn't notice. (Second Life, therefore, does not work. :cry: )

But I do love IRC.

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 07:34:06 PM »

Quote from: "Doraemon"
I dunno, capital idea, though.

If it's a MMORPG it would have to be free to download/play, and work confortably on a 56K modem. It's hould also, preferably, be fun. IRC is good. never used it but I assume theres a free IRC client out there.

Yeah, I have a good one called Xchat.

http://www.xchat.org/

We should make a RAS channel on some server and shoot the poop some night over a couple of ASCII beers.

I'll look into free non-3D MMORPG games too.

Anyone else have some ideas?
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »

we'd have to negotiate timezones, with me being here in Limeyland and you maybe in various places in the US...
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 07:38:56 AM »

Maybe Teamspeak?  Unless we don't all have microphones for the computer.
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 10:22:27 AM »

Sad I do have a microphone, but I'm generally pretty against teamspeak / vent.  Two reasons: I'm hard to understand, and uh.  I'm smack dab middle of my living room / kitchen / dining room.  I can't even use the phone without stalking off to some privacy.

imjustaguy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 12:48:47 AM »

I am actually writing a script about MMORPGs right now.  I'm about half way through the feature.  I will let you guys read it soon, you can be my test audience :D  just as long as you don't spread it around to people ; ).  The whole idea is about game addiction.  A guy named Jake makes a video game character named Blaid (who I picture as Bruce Campbell) searches for his friend Dan who made a video game character named Simeon, on an MMORPG, because in real life, Dan has fallen into depression.  Dan hasn't returned phone calls, or emails, and hasn't gone to work in a month, norhas he left his house.  Dan lives next to a cop who hates Jake, so Jake has no way to get through to Dan, but to go through the video game.  Everything we see will be live action.  I think it's going to be a great movie.  What do you think?

only look like a genius.
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 10:13:08 AM »

Quote from: "imjustaguy"
I am actually writing a script about MMORPGs right now.  I'm about half way through the feature.  I will let you guys read it soon, you can be my test audience Cheesy  just as long as you don't spread it around to people ; ).  The whole idea is about game addiction.  A guy named Jake makes a video game character named Blaid (who I picture as Bruce Campbell) searches for his friend Dan who made a video game character named Simeon, on an MMORPG, because in real life, Dan has fallen into depression.  Dan hasn't returned phone calls, or emails, and hasn't gone to work in a month, norhas he left his house.  Dan lives next to a cop who hates Jake, so Jake has no way to get through to Dan, but to go through the video game.  Everything we see will be live action.  I think it's going to be a great movie.  What do you think?

Makes me think of Psychonauts.

Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 06:01:33 PM »

Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"
Maybe Teamspeak?  Unless we don't all have microphones for the computer.

No no no. I hate my voice.  Smiley
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 04:41:17 AM »

gimme a date, time, and medium (icq works for me) and i'll be sure to be there to pester everyone!

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »

I think IRC would be best.  Easiest to set up.  (I will, if need be).

Now all we need is a time!

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 10:49:18 AM »

Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
gimme a date, time, and medium (icq works for me) and i'll be sure to be there to pester everyone!

Hmm..  I'm starting to think IRC might be the best for everybody.

Everybody download x-chat in that link above and test it out.  Then we'll pick a server to get on, set a time/date, and start chatting.  I'm in Eastern time, which is GMT -5.  I think Doraemon is probably 8 hours ahead of me.

Benj
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 11:06:40 AM »

I'm GMT -3:30.  Most any time is good for me - except mornings(durr).

Also; sometime before July 26, as I am running off to internet voidland.

Uh.  I mean.  I'm going to cartyville for a few weeks.

Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 01:26:32 PM »

Quote from: "Ashley"
I'm GMT -3:30.  Most any time is good for me - except mornings(durr).

Also; sometime before July 26, as I am running off to internet voidland.

Uh.  I mean.  I'm going to cartyville for a few weeks.

Evvrybody else, post yer GMT difference times here so I can put them into a huge computer and scientifically determine the absolute best time for us all to unite.  If you don't know how to find it, look it up on Google!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: