RAS Discussion Forums
August 12, 2020, 12:51:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The Movie Thread  (Read 75567 times)
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 01:05:49 PM »

Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"
How about Monty Python?  Nobody's talked about Monty Python movies in this thread, I don't think.

I've seen Holy Grail and Meaning of Life, and enjoyed both of them.  I've also seen Spaceballs, Young Frankenstein, All 3 Austin Powers movies, even Dude, Where's my car?, among others.

"Dude Where's My Car?" ... now that's my favorite Monty Python movie.

Wink
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
ACK
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 02:12:42 PM »

Sorry, I guess I should've started a new paragraph when I strayed off the Monty Python stuff.  My bad.

Nobody else has official permission to bust me out this thread!
Ashley
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2004, 03:54:27 PM »

... I really want to see The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.  I've only seen it on tv, and I have no idea as to how the hell it starts.

Erm.  I don't actually have a favourite movie.  I don't know why.

Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »

As far as favorite movies go i'd say "bubba ho-tep" is one of the best movies i've seen in a while.

I've just seen it. Very good indeed. It's acctually very profound in it's own way - it's not all fun and games. The characters acctually have real depth - I wasn't expecting that.

Another good one for quirkiness-fetishists, I Heart Huckabees. Simply put it's a "philosophical comedy" about the meaning of life, in which Dustin Hoffman plays an "Existential Detective". Yes.

Also I have a new favourite movie, a British film called A Matter of Life and Death. About a war pilot who survives a plain crash only to have a camp french angel inform him that in fact he should have died.
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 04:18:38 PM »

How about Napoleon Dynamite.  I just recently bought that.  It's pretty funny.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 07:30:01 PM »

Batman Begins was brilliant.

ason

"We're going to make airplanes out of beef."
- Alex Lifeson
Doraemon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 11:49:37 AM »

Quote from: "Jason"

Wasn't it just? man, I wasn't expecting that. I didn't think anyone could top Tim Burton's Batman films, but it appears that someone has.

It got a stupidly low age certification in the UK though. I wouldn't like to take a little kid to see that. It is genuinely disturbing.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 12:06:31 PM »

Quote from: "Doraemon"
Quote from: "Jason"

Wasn't it just? man, I wasn't expecting that. I didn't think anyone could top Tim Burton's Batman films, but it appears that someone has.

It got a stupidly low age certification in the UK though. I wouldn't like to take a little kid to see that. It is genuinely disturbing.

Awesome.  You guys just made me want to see that movie.  Before that I had no interest whatsoever.

I just watched Labyrinth the other day on DVD.  Tell me.. what's up with David Bowie's package?  It's very distracting to the viewer...you tend to want to duck so it doesn't poke out your eye.  Didn't Jim Henson see that when he was directing?  Or maybe Henson had a thing for guys in tight pants.

Benj
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2005, 04:28:48 PM »

The 3 movies I've seen this year so far are Batman Begins, Cinderella Man, and Revenge of the Sith.  All 3 are excellent and I would recommend them to anyone.

You should definitely go see Batman Begins Benj.  Seriously.

Doraemon:  I kind of had a gut feeling that Batman Begins was going to be something special prior to seeing it, but it even exceeded my expectations.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
imjustaguy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 06:01:21 PM »

I agree Jason, those movies were way better than I expected them to be.  I am going to make movies some day just you wait and see!

only look like a genius.
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 06:31:01 PM »

I saw Fantastic Four on the release day and I really enjoyed it, despite mostly bad critical reviews.  I think they were way too harsh with it.  It does a great job of translating the comic to the screen, if you ask me -- except that they changed Dr. Doom a lot.  Still, I recommend it as a fun and entertaining movie that's worth seeing if you like comics.

Benj
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2005, 01:19:24 PM »

I went and saw that myself, with my parents and a couple friends.  Yeah, it was pretty good.

Anyone see Herbie:Fully Loaded yet?  I did, and I thought it was pretty interesting.
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2005, 05:03:50 PM »

I went to see War of the Worlds this weekend.  This movie surprised me a bit with how good it was.  I was almost certain that Tom cruise and Spielberg would succeed in ruining this movie, but it turned out to be quite good.  When the Martians start destroying stuff you kind of go into a state of awe watching the stuff that goes on.  Actually, even before that, when the lightning storms hit.  Seriously, this is a pretty intense movie, go see it.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Jason

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2005, 05:05:13 PM »

Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"

Anyone see Herbie:Fully Loaded yet?  I did, and I thought it was pretty interesting.

I'm sure you did.

ason

- Alex Lifeson
Jeremy
RAS Artist
Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2005, 05:33:48 PM »

I saw the Wedding Crashers yesterday.  I didn't want to, but I'm glad I did because it was great.  It's hilarious; see it with a group of your friends.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: