RAS Discussion Forums
August 15, 2020, 11:39:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SILENCE vs MUSIC: FIGHT!  (Read 10135 times)
Doraemon
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2004, 05:40:35 AM »

If you could have either loud music or silence all the time and nothing else, all the time, every single second of your life, and you couldn't change your decision, what would you choose?
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 02:56:37 PM »

Depends, can you hear other sounds through the loud music?

Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
Vs.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 03:46:15 PM »

This reminds me of the "PacFay vs." threads on Pac-Chat
Benj
RAS Artist
Derwood Approximi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 04:32:09 PM »

Quote from: "Doraemon"
If you could have either loud music or silence all the time and nothing else, all the time, every single second of your life, and you couldn't change your decision, what would you choose?

Silence.
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 08:46:54 PM »

...I'm pretty sure I'd go mad if all I heard was silence.  I think too much.  I'd seriously go insane.  But if all I heard was music, I wouldn't be able to think.  I wouldn't be insane, I'd just be stupid.  If all you heard was silence, your other senses would be heightened, but if all you heard was music, your other senses would probally be dulled.  
I'd probally go with silence, I've always thought insanity was better than stupidity anyway...
Unless you can't hear yourself think.  Which is like saying "Would you like to be a vegetable with entertainment, or without?"

Doraemon

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 04:59:57 AM »

Quote from: "Ashley"
Depends, can you hear other sounds through the loud music?

maybe you can get news updates in musical form...and commercials.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 08:07:02 PM »

Loud music all the way.

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 03:19:50 PM »

Of course Nate would choose loud music.  He can't hear ME if he has loud music on.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 06:56:57 PM »

Wow, you make an excellent point there. But then again, if it was silent I wouldn't have to worry about hearing you at all. However, if it was loud music there could be a slight chance in a disturbing future that you start making songs, and then theres the off-cance my loud music curse would play your songs non-stop forcing me to drive sharpened pencils in to my ears to avoid brain damage/insanity. Perhaps silence is better?

You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 03:31:38 PM »

One of these days, I might make music.  However, it will not be loud, and I will do my best to stay obscure for ya!
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 06:20:08 PM »

We'll see, you just might impress me yet. You do have good taste, i'll give you that.

Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 03:26:37 PM »

Well thanks.  I'm gonna have to get to work.  A friend of mine says he has a friend that owns a keyboard and does this stuff for people, but I haven't heard back from him, so I don't know.  Of course, he has a screwball schedule.
P@thfind3r
Non-Slouch In Training

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2004, 06:37:21 PM »

Quote from: "Doraemon"

Loud music. Generally when I'm awake I'm listening to loud music anyway and if I needed to sleep I could just hit myself with a brick.

t's not if you win or not - it's how you win.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: