RAS Discussion Forums
February 17, 2020, 02:40:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forum.  All your account info is the same, and new users are welcome!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ...waffles?  (Read 9671 times)
Ashley
Grandmaster Intrepid RAS Forum Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2004, 10:08:24 PM »

Is it just me, or are waffles becoming the new pie?  Or something?  

Maybe it is just me,  I've started making people call me Waffles, so maybe the word jumps out at me.  I was listening to one of those things on the radio where they read a chapter out of a book, and the guy had had a really a bad day "Is it a waffle day?" "Frozen or fresh?" "Fresh." "Definitly a waffle day."

And then theres http://www.meninhats.com/comics/20040229.gif.  And a hell of a lot more other stuff I can't remember for the life of me.  

But waffles seem to be taking over pie. Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 12:24:24 AM »

Alls I know is ZIM eats waffles. and gir makes them out of soap and peanuts.

What if your dad was made of rainbows?
You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
Pie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 08:21:50 PM »

Yeah, but Weebl and Bob eat pie.  There's a bit of competition.

Personally, I like waffles over pie.
Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 08:50:12 PM »

And I like ZIM over weebl and bob.

You would be like OMG thats lame I want dad made out of ninja robots! - We ran out of CD space by Psychostick
Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"
Yeah, but Weebl and Bob eat pie.  There's a bit of competition.

Personally, I like waffles over pie.

I'm pretty sure thats what started (or helped, at least) the pie obsessions.  But as far as I know, waffles just... came out on their own.

Just recently too.  Mind you, most people either agree that waffles are the new pie, or look at me sideways.

Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 10:30:29 PM »

Waffles has been a jhonen vasquez thing for quite some time now.

Ashley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 11:08:39 PM »

But it has to be recently... like, past two weeks recent.

Derwood Bowen
Derwood Approximi

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 03:01:38 PM »

Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"

What's jhonen vasquez?
Ashley

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 07:06:28 PM »

Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"

What's jhonen vasquez?

I think hes the guy who does johnny the homicidal maniac.

Nate_Derringer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 01:44:47 AM »

Slight correction Ashley: Jhonen is the GOD who writes/draws johnny the homicidal maniac, happy noodle boy, squee, I feel sick, the bad art collection, and also is creator of the hideously loveable cartoon that is Invader Zim. Although it was hell for him, and I would never wish him to endure such things again for my mere pleasure, Zim is one of the best cartoons you will ever watch on the  hypmotizing box also known as a t.v. If you were unprivilaged enough to have not seen it while it aired, I would highly recommend purchasing the DVD which is to be released may 15th. In the meantime, go to your local comic shop and look for the comics I just named off, they are generally cheap like 2 bucks or so and they are worth so much more. You will be pleased with your purchase. I assure you of this.

Ashley

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 03:15:21 PM »

Slight correction Ashley: Jhonen is the GOD who writes/draws johnny the homicidal maniac, happy noodle boy, squee, I feel sick, the bad art collection, and also is creator of the hideously loveable cartoon that is Invader Zim. Although it was hell for him, and I would never wish him to endure such things again for my mere pleasure, Zim is one of the best cartoons you will ever watch on the  hypmotizing box also known as a t.v. If you were unprivilaged enough to have not seen it while it aired, I would highly recommend purchasing the DVD which is to be released may 15th. In the meantime, go to your local comic shop and look for the comics I just named off, they are generally cheap like 2 bucks or so and they are worth so much more. You will be pleased with your purchase. I assure you of this.

mmm...  I'll look around for them.  But I doubt I'll actually buy them.  I might though, it depends on how I'm feeling... and how much money I have.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: