RAS Discussion Forums

General Discussion => General Forum => Topic started by: Benj on January 22, 2007, 06:22:24 PM



Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on January 22, 2007, 06:22:24 PM
This forum has been around for a while...since 2003, I think.  And now it's 2007.  Crazy how time flies, isn't it?

Benj


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Nate_Derringer on January 23, 2007, 02:50:13 AM
I'm still here, there just aren't many new topics to talk about. I am not very good at starting topics, mostly i'm just good at derailing them with petty arguments. But if people would continue to post, i'll still be here.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on January 26, 2007, 07:45:24 PM
Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
I'm still here, there just aren't many new topics to talk about. I am not very good at starting topics, mostly i'm just good at derailing them with petty arguments. But if people would continue to post, i'll still be here.


Cool.. Well I'm not sure what topics to start.  What would you like to argue about?


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Nate_Derringer on January 26, 2007, 08:56:19 PM
lemurs preferably


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Doraemon on January 28, 2007, 06:56:59 PM
I'm still here...regrettably not as often because - fun fact - i'm doing an MA in film studies that's pretty time consuming  :D

and anyway lemurs suck.

Stick that in your bagpipe and schmoke it.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Nate_Derringer on January 29, 2007, 12:15:03 PM
Lemurs rock the casbah, and thats a god given fact mr. film studies.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on February 04, 2007, 04:26:05 PM
Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
Lemurs rock the casbah, and thats a god given fact mr. film studies.


I second Doraemon.  Lemurs are the worst animals ever to roam the Earth.  What's with their gigantic googly eyes and ten legs, anyway?


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Nate_Derringer on February 05, 2007, 12:29:43 PM
All the better to kick your ass ten times to sunday. And trust me, you don't want that.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Derwood Bowen on February 07, 2007, 08:29:08 PM
You wanna talk about googly eyes, how about being eaten by the Monster of Love?

It's on my podcast this week!


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Nate_Derringer on February 08, 2007, 03:19:13 AM
Whachu talkin' bout willis?


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on February 08, 2007, 05:46:45 PM
Quote from: "Nate_Derringer"
Whachu talkin' bout willis?


Oooh ooh oooh... the Monster of Looooove...:sing:


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Derwood Bowen on February 11, 2007, 05:03:33 PM
Oh yeah, I made it vague in my post.  "Eaten By the Monster of Love" is a song by Sparks.

You remember Sparks, right?


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on February 13, 2007, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: "Derwood Bowen"
Oh yeah, I made it vague in my post.  "Eaten By the Monster of Love" is a song by Sparks.

You remember Sparks, right?
\

I guess I remember you talking about them.  But I've never heard their music.

How's your podcast going these days?  How many listeners do you think you have?

And how is Nate's webcomic coming along?


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Nate_Derringer on February 13, 2007, 04:41:13 PM
I get 30-40 readers a week which in the internet world is not alot but to me it is.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Derwood Bowen on February 13, 2007, 07:05:25 PM
Not sure, maybe upwards of 10? Enough that I'm still doing this.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Ashley on February 16, 2007, 01:10:29 AM
(http://jinxed-insanity.org/shma/d/2523-1/IMG_0841.JPG)


WHY HALLO THAR


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on February 17, 2007, 05:19:37 PM
Quote from: "Ashley"
(http://jinxed-insanity.org/shma/d/2523-1/IMG_0841.JPG)


WHY HALLO THAR



AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh, and good work sticking with your projects, Derwood and Nate.  Keep it up and some day you might be 1/10 as non-famous as Request-A-Song.com! :P


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Doraemon on February 24, 2007, 02:42:40 PM
hey guys. I feel like Syd Barret when he turned up at a pink floyd gig after years of going missing, or so says the legend.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on February 25, 2007, 07:13:16 PM
Quote from: "Doraemon"
hey guys. I feel like Syd Barret when he turned up at a pink floyd gig after years of going missing, or so says the legend.


Awsome.

Welcome back, Sid.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Jason on March 16, 2007, 11:22:03 AM
First, Benj, as it says in Doraemon's post it is Syd not Sid.

Finally, yes I'm barely still here.  This is actually the first time in months I've visited.  Don't know why I stopped really.  Busy with work maybe, I don't know, just got lazy about visiting.

I'm very pleased to see it's still around.  Hope everyone is doing all right.  I'll try and be more present from now on.


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: Benj on March 16, 2007, 06:34:51 PM
Quote from: "Jason"
First, Benj, as it says in Doraemon's post it is Syd not Sid.

Finally, yes I'm barely still here.  This is actually the first time in months I've visited.  Don't know why I stopped really.  Busy with work maybe, I don't know, just got lazy about visiting.

I'm very pleased to see it's still around.  Hope everyone is doing all right.  I'll try and be more present from now on.


Glad to see you back.  Not much music going on around here, obviously, but we've got to keep the community strong!  Heh.. well anyway, you're the only RAS friends I have left, so I hope you keep coming back every once and a while to chat.

Benj


Title: Anybody still out there?
Post by: musicperson on June 28, 2007, 02:03:11 AM
hi. i cant really say i've had the time to come on much (not that i did come on much anyway) as i've had some GCSEs to worry about. But i'll try and get on more now, you cant get much better than RAS at its best.

Sorry, changing the subject here slightly,
Quote from: "Doraemon"
I'm still here...regrettably not as often because - fun fact - i'm doing an MA in film studies that's pretty time consuming  :D

Thats rather cool, where are you doing it?